Monday, December 27, 2004

This Christmas...

This season's Christmas is the 1st I've experienced with such ups & downs. One which gave me such mixed emotions...

Yeah! I've finally got to learn how to bake my mum's bread and egg tarts! I'm in total elation beause this is the 1st time I've actually got the patience to follow through with all the procedures, something which I give up halfway in the past. Thanks to the new oven that arrived on Christmas eve and the newfound enthusiasm by my mum and I, 22 yummy sausage bread, ham bread were rolled out fresh and delicious from the oven after 3-4 hrs of pressing the dough, waiting for the dough to raise and heating the eventual products. A similar number of tarts rolled out hrs later too! Whoo hoo! Young baker in the making, forget about medicine...haha! To all who tried the bread and tarts, thanks for the reviews! It's really heartwarming to see people enjoy what you've created...from scratch!

Later at night, I managed to get a car to fetch people to the airport to send Vera off for studies in Canada. She's so lucky to be studying abroad at such a young age, I feel. In fact, I encourage people to study overseas whilst still young and be exposed to a different culture & environment. It's mostly a win-win situation! I'm so bloody stuck here in SG thanks to my course and the fact I've no $$ to fly out. Damn! Anyway, it was pretty shack to drive around at 3-4am without any sleep on previous day and then be the last one back home after sending friends home. Back to topic, it was sad to see Vera leaving the country and now, the club would be a pretty lady short. Also, it was very touching too to see Vera bid her entire family off. The close hugs with each relative, the last words from Vera's grandparents, the red eyes and tears dropping from Vera and her relatives was something I've never really quite seen in any send offs before till today. Thanks for the lesson on family bonding which I'm truely lack of! Hey, come to think of it, now that Vera's missing, I'm kinda missing her too... Today's training felt wierd and quiet without her presence... Or am I thinking too much?

Anyway, bye Vera, and enjoy your time and studies in Canada. We'll be looking forward to your presence around in the months to come! *sob*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home