Sunday, January 14, 2007

just returned from a movie and clubbing outing with jiayang, daniel (dentistry society president) and ann (one of prof arthur lim's secretaries). we went to watch "blood diamond" at vivocity and my, the movie brought me a new insight to the human greed for diamonds and the vicous cycle of poverty and civil wars in africa. i was deeply moved by how innocent children were robbed by "revolution armies" to become heartless child soldiers and how easily africans are manipulated and enslaved by forces of the world. it is really sad that western civilisations are pretending to fight for the rights and freedom of people of africa yet using underhand means to serve the wealth of their own nations. suckz! how can such "blood diamond"operations still be going on in our world? gals, stop your quests for diamonds immediately and guys, insist on your rights that diamonds are detrimental to the progress of african nations! haha, right, good excuse to keep guys' money in their own pockets.

next up was clubbing at gotham penthouse at clarke quay. as ann was severely underaged, we were forced out of MOS to GP. yuckz, i have never ever drank and danced with so many indians in my life! worse, the dance music was indian too! that aside, i had great fun actually watching soccer in the club and avoiding the many alcohol that was coming my way, tks to jiayang and daniel. i am not really an alcohol fan and had to shuffle my way out of intoxication. phew, in the end, i had jiayang's car key's to drive myself home cos he was dead tired from the night! whee! see, when i don't drink much, i can drive!

it has been drinking with jiayang for nearly 4 straight nights, minus friday to give my liver a good break. tango's, wala-wala and gothan penthouse. my my, my liver's starting to break down thanks to jiayang's crush for beer, beer and more beer! i think he is a great buddy to chill out with and he is so nice to offer treats and car rides. through these 4 days, we had gotten to know many of each other's secrets but too bad, i am not going to reveal it here so that i can continue my free treats! it is a little sad and disappointing to understand what he is going through at this phase in his life but i hope he gets through it real soon because a happy jiayang is much better than a sulken jiayang. jiayang, u hear me??

i love hanging out with people to cafe and coffee around because human nature is just so unpredictable and talking to people everyday gives me new insights to things around me. but oh well, i think i should stop hanging out for the meantime to really concentrate on my cofm project and start studying for pros. it is a little worrysome that pros is coming in less than 2 months' time. oh no...! for now, i'll read the newspaper before i sleep and wake up to a fresh new day... minus the beer of course!

here's blood diamond for you (recommended by me! 4 of 5 stars!):

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home