Thursday, December 30, 2004

29th Sep - Chalet & RJC moving house

Just woke up from a 10 hr sleep after coming back from RJC moving house event. Wasn't really done with a 'Bang!' as what I was originally thinking of, but it was nonetheless touching to visit the old Ghim Moh campus for the last time before it turns to NUS High School.

We were in DBS chalet in Sentosa the previous night for a BBQ before moving off to RJ. Thanks Daniel for the wonderful chalet u provided! Excellent housing it was, but the weather did not complete a rousing and fine holiday it would have provided! Played volleyball in the afternoon, in the bloody rain and drizzle that refused to stop. No bikini babes, no crowd, no food! How wonderful can Sentosa beach get! Later at night, I set up my 1st BBQ fire, with help from Daniel and Siying. Who says army teaches you all the life's skills? Haha. After pigging out the food, we went in to rest before starting the night's activities. It was quite cool to be able to teach some gals to play mahjong too! Now the graduates, Denise, Joanna and Claris, have been officially welcomed into the Mahjong Gang. Haha! And yes, it was a crazy sight to see Wee Soon and Chengyu hogging the PS2 with 'Winning 11' , scoring goals and thrashing all other partnerships...

It was a sad sight to see the old RJ so bare upon stepping into school. Everything was gone - the school Crest which proudly hung in the atrium, the 'Auspicium Melioris Aevi' words in the parade square, the names of the clubs in every notice board, the howling sound of the crowded canteen during breaks and so many others. We used to crinch and complain at every single ugly sight of the old campus, complaining at how everything's so run down and wishing to be in the new campus for any other reason.

However, it did not really matter anymore when today came. Instead, I was reminising the old days when me and my class would stroll down the corridors for lectures & tutorials, how I was sleeping in LT1 during lectures, when my badminton team would perspire our asses out in the courts in the courts, in the gym and on the track, when my CLDCS would rehearse performances in the LTs, how my 1st love started in school, when my hydroponics team would thrash out in the gardens and the stinky toilets that drove any sane person mad instantly. I really had nice wonderful memories of the old, run-down place and I could say my best education years were formalised there. The teachers and the students really made life so interesting and everyday was a day worth looking forward to. *sure or not?* When it's time to let go of this old campus, suddenly it just seems more difficult to do so.

Went down later to the new campus in Bishan. Wow! It was a bloody huge giant that is monsterous to walk about. Was too tired from the chalet and with a set of mahjong titles on my shoulders, I gave up exploring the campus and hide out at the atrium instead for food. Yeah! Was so happy to see my Math teacher, Miss Chen, there. I was her Math rep last time and it was so funny and relaxing to be working with her. Din recognise any more teachers ard I knew and I postulated that either they were as lazy as me to attend this function or are pigging out in their new staff room. Ate and dank to my fill before I went home to crash. *Crash* And indeed I crashed till now to blog... Only to continue my sleep again...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home