Saturday, September 17, 2005

3-2 and so the final score reads! And yes, the ghost of losing to science fac has been put to rest with this final victory! Yeah, there's a great sense of elation and relief with this 3rd-4th placing match between Medicine & Science for the 2005/2006 Inter-Faculty Games for badminton. It's a source of happiness because this is the 1st time ever in 5 years that a medal has been brought back by IFG badminton, even if it's a bronze. I'm also glad that we did it in the year when I'm the captain for the team... Haha... Not that I did anything much, in fact I lost all my matches... *boo* ;< I'm relieved, on the other hand, because the 2 weeks of mental torture of trying to think of tricky line-ups and physical torture of playing sweaty long games with my lousy skills is finally over and I can study in peace and sleep with a peace of mind!

There are 2 lessons I learnt from the IFG:

1. nothing is certain until it is over. eg, the stupid 2-3 loss to Science during preliminaries which I had thought would be a breeze and I had sent the strong players home to rest... BIG mistake! We ended up 2nd in the group and had to play engine fac (which was the strongest team in IFG) in the semis, a tie in which we got walloped 1-3! *stupid & cocky*

2. EVERY FACULTY HATES MEDICINE!! That can't be more true as displayed during the IFG. I came up with that conclusion with Kerly with very strong evidence!! (i) every faculty sent their strongest players for all their line-ups against us. Kaoz, very strong players they recruited quietly whom I've never seen before and catches me by surprise for every single game (ii) every faculty den rested their best players when playing any other faculty!! wat's the meaning of this?! Even engine decided to take a day off and gave their no.1 female n male singles players holiday break for their finals against biz ad! *bastards* No wonder they deserve to lose 2-3 against biz ad in a game which they could easily win 4-1 or 5-o... Alright, we decided in the end to come up with a better conclusion, that everyone loves us and think we are the strongest opponent they can ever find in the tournament... Haha... everyone put us in very high regard and fielded their strongest line-up as a show of respect... My ass...

Weekend's coming... But my schedule is empty... Is that good or is that bad? I've no idea man cos I've not have an empty weekend before. Looks like I shall show my face at the Singapore Opens for Ultimate Frisbee @ West Coast Park to find out about the latest frisbee buzz. Played like a mad monk for the MuddyGrass team last year but decided to give this year a miss to focus more on studies... I miss playing the game competitively!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home