Wednesday, September 21, 2005

I'm a tired but happy man today... Din copy much for lecture today and had a fun time looking at the SCID paediatric patients. Not that I'm a bloody sadist in anyway, but pictures do make the lecture less boring and always captures my attention and reminds me that I'm in this medicine course for a more altruistic purpose: that is to save these lives one day. Noble huh?

Next up is my favourite hangout in Central Library to study. It's nice, quiet and colourful there and makes the studying less stressful. It's quite unlike in the Medical Library when everyone's busy studying away, absorbing all the possible knowledge available. Makes a slacker like me feel so jittery all the time. :( After a little studying, I was off with Yee Lin to Aloha Loyang for NUSSU Exco retreat. 1/2way thru the trip, she had to buy her slippersfrom BATA cos she broke hers on the train ride. Dun ask me how, maybe she's that strong. Haha... The retreat was ok lah. More importantly, I made new friends outside of medicine, which I'm pretty pleased. And oh yah, my 1st job for NUSSU was to help cook dinner. Gosh! Never did that at home before but was forced to cut veggies, cook noodles and some other little cooking. Man, I'm glad I did not spoil the dinner and it went fine without anyone being poisoned!

Thanks to a law fac friend that I just made, I managed to hitch a ride back to Junction 8 in time to meet Kwok Ming, my best friend, for a night movie. *Shit, just got scolded by him for spelling his name wrongly...again* Yeah, we watched 'The Longest Yard' and had a great time laughing at Adam Sandler's new flick! Not forgetting the Ben & Jerry's and Nachos that completed the wonderful evening. How I envy that lucky guy who got to travel around the world while studying in Carnegie Mellon Uni on a PSC scholarship. Now he's gonna be off to Stanford Uni to do his Masters and has mentioned about travelling to South America and Europe over his next holidays! ~Envious sia~ I always wonder how life would have been if I was not doing medicine but on some scholarship to somewhere around the world too... Darn, I'll never get to find out the answer becoz medicine has firmly placed me here in this little red dot on the world map, never to step out to find out about the world. Hey dude, take great care and enjoy this last yr out of Singapore before you come back to suffer with SAF... Haha!

Time to study again... but not before this pertetual qn that keeps disturbing all M2 and above students...

'When's your next holidays?' - Other faculty students
'No more liao' - My reply... Sad huh?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home