Saturday, September 24, 2005

So, I lost my wisdom yesterday, yet again. Y? Coz I just had another wisdom tooth op on my right lower mouth and it's beginning to swell like a big balloon. 'Are you eating something?', 'Are you having mumps?', 'What happened to your cheeks?' were questions I had to face whole day long. And it's pretty irritating and painful to repeat the whole story with a stitchin the mouth, holding the split gums together. Kinda makes me wanna talk less and less, and eventually speechless. To most of my friends, it must have been good news getting a quiet ear from me for a few days. Righto? Anyway, this was how the story of the broken wisdom tooth went.

One day, I noticed a pain in my right lower mouth. There was an impacted wisdom tooth, which was there for at least a year, that laid next to its molar friend. As I 'digged out treasures' from the cavity, I noticed a piece of 'thing' that refused to barge no matter what toothpicks I used. Eventually, I realised it was a decaying + a little calcified gum that got stuck in that little hole for a pretty long period of time. Petrified, I turned to a dentist the next day in YIH for help. She told me the impacted tooth had to go and it's a matter of when, otherwise, the situation will never be resolved. On the spot, I told her to remove the tooth, which initially took her by surprised too. In her mind, she must be thinking 'Y is this little boy so 'garang' to take it out without any hesitation?' Well, according to a chinese saying 'a short term pain is a long term gain' rite? And there Dr Doreen Chua went, happily anaesthesizing my inferior alveolar + lingual nerves, den drilling all the way to the root to remove my tooth.

Just hopes everything goes right from here... I miss eating food, any type of food will do, and I miss chatting and laughing hard with a big smile... Things which I had taken for granted which are robbed away from me now...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home