Sunday, November 27, 2005

I think my brain's a little neurotic this weekend. For no reason, I went on a baking spree again for more cheesecakes and tiramisu! Don't ask me why I have this weird habit, but yeah, just wanted to bake for fun...again, with tiramisu being mine and my mum's new creation. On sat, I failed in my attempt to repeat my cheesecake miracle. Apparently, I din heed my mum's advice and just poured all the ingredients together and mixed it up. What I got in the end was a miniature cheesecake that did not raise to enough height. Suckz... It looks really short, yeah, like.... So with revenge in mind, I woke up on sun to remedify the cheesecake. But 1st, my mum wanted to bake the base for the tiramisu and so I went along with her. It was so fun poking the the base with a fork and to palm my hands all over the base to flatten it out. ~whee~ Next up, the revenge of the cheesecake took place. This time, I bothered to separate the 4 egg whites and yolks from each other and had to beat them separately so that the egg white could be raised to increase the volume of the cheesy part of the cheesecake. Yeah, once that irritating part was done, everything else went on smoothly and the process was a breeze... I love beating up the ingredients manually with that metallic mixer and don't ask me why, coz I just love doing so! Tiramisu later was so much harder to do becoz I had no idea how to do it or what it looks like in the 1st place! Had to conscientiously follow my mum's instructions, who had no idea how to make either, and beat the ingredients day in day out... Yeah, am just glad that the tiramisu, after a little freezing with the refrigerator's help, turned out pretty well! My mum even reckoned to decorate the cake with some melted choc to make it look nicer... INDEED... I was *wowed* by the end creation! My mum's a bakery genius lah! Have fun looking becoz I dun think u can ever put them in your mouth...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home