Saturday, November 26, 2005

Just did something silly yesterday out of boredom and boy was it such a chore! Yah, I set a thought of running 30km in the evening...*madness* So after a little studying in school, I headed home asap to avoid missing out on my 6pm date with my shoes. Once again, I set off with my usual route - to MacRitchie via Bishan Park and Upper Thomson Road. However, there's a new twist to the route and that is to run finish the 10.5km road trail in MacRitchie and to run further this time to Hwa Chong JC. The run was pretty much the same, except that by the time I hit the jungle trail in MacRichie, it was so super pitch dark I could not see anything except the pebbles in front of me. Regret not eating more carrots and Vit A... *Damn* Yeah, it's so much worse than fright night because I was the only lonesome fellow running in the jungle trail (other than this white-shirt jogger whom we both gave each other a frightening shock) and with the insects screeching into the ears! I was so scared that I even hallucinated a croc or snake slithering in my path from the reservoir to eat me up! Yuckz, I even got lost for a while by tracking into the wrong path in the midst of the dark jungle! Thank goodness I managed to come out in 1 piece and appreciated my run after so much more... So I pushed on forward to HCJC via Lornie n Adam Roads after the freaky incident. Nothing unusual happened, except that I nearly got run down by the cars filtering out from PIE to Macritchie. Grr... Courteous drivers indeed... The tired legs finally reached HCJC after abt 1.5 hrs to enjoy a brief moment of reprieve before I U-turned back to Bishan. Gosh, the return journey seems to take forever and I surrendered with a white flag after finishing the MacRichie leg. Luckily I had my EZ-link card with me for a long bus journey home...

Yeah, and I konked out after the 22km run with 2 super heavy legs... :(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home