Monday, November 08, 2004

Hair & Vanity

While studying with my sisters (2 younger ones in fact) over the weekend, I discovered the elder one had actually dyed her hair! Not to a very fantastic colour I must say, but she did her hair black because of the numerous white hair sprouting ard.

So... This had actually led me on thinking whether I should streak my hair too and I thought it might be a great idea to de-stress as well! Haha! :> This is a strange reversal from my previous opinion that black is natural and everyone should appreciate their own hair colour. Dying or streaking hair is an 'insult' to the naturals we own.

Hey! As time grew, I think I might have found an answer to this dying/streaking hair 'nonsence'. It reflects something about the approach of teenagers and young adults, people of around my age. It is the yearn to explore something new, to approach something (in this case, age?) or an idea in a more radical, diverse way. It is about the need to express their uniqueness and speciality, that they are all too different from one another. And not the ONE SAME BORING kind! Cool! Maybe that's why teenagers are always getting into all sorts of trouble for their expressions as well! ^_^

The thought of streaking my hair is refreshing. Yes, it's something new to me, and I guess it's also about me wanting to be vain and to seek attention as well huh?! It's a daring approach to me because I'm not quite sure whether my parents or even myself can accept it. There's a fear witholding me back - a fear of being a mockery, a fear of being TOO different from the rest, a fear to conform to our prim & proper society! Yet, however, there's a calling inside to try, a need to seek a different attention, a yearn to be more vain (at least for now? haha). Which will get the better of me?

Enough of crapping and procrastination. I think I shall go get my hair done this week as part of my holiday celebrations. What colour shall it be? U decide? I've no idea what I will decide either. Till then, I'll ponder about whether I will look better or whether I will look worse... ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home