Saturday, November 13, 2004

Forgetting...

"Forgotten"

That's the 1st movie that I've watch in at least 3 mths! Got invited by lam-bricals, as Meng Chon likes to be called, to watch 'the biggest jawdropper since the Sixth Sense' with Ernest, Chris Ho, Bingzhu & Ray. Yup, it was indeed jawdropping, but for the wrong reasons. It's about a mum in search of her 'missing' son - Sam - who was apparently 'abducted' away by 'them' after a mysterious plane crash. It touches on the bonds formed in a mother-son relationship and how 'one of them' is trying to erase the memories of those who participated in this experiment focusing on that particular relationship, otherwise, the experiment is deemed to have failed. Strange story plot and it got me more confused than ever after the movie. Vickz rating: ~ Watch it if you wanna kill time ~

"Forgotten"

After watching the show, I thought back about the title and contents of the show. I was reflecting about myself, about how much my character have changed from JC to Army to NUS. It seems like for the past 3-4 mths, I kept focusing on 'enjoying the 1st yr in Med' and had forgotten about being myself and back to my roots. I've had too much of play, so much so that I'm so lost about what I'm doing, and even about my purpose of existing, being a student and being in Medicine. I tried to be different, tried to change my beliefs, tried to be participate in all the activities (cos I dun wanna miss out on anything), even tried not to study (so that I wun follow the norm and be a mugger). In the end, what had happened? I had strayed far far away from myself and had to pull my lost soul very hard to myself again.

Have I changed a lot? I think I did. For good or for worse? I've not much idea either. Is it going to be worse? I hope not. Today shall be a start and thanks to the movie, I think I've found a start to my monotonous life now. I'm looking forward to a change. A better change this time round, a change that I can start to believe in myself again. Good luck to me because I think I'm finally seeing a more promising life, filled with more fulfilment!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home